Cotna Barton, Gorran, Cornwall
Beware SATNAV! Set to Lost Gardens of Heligan PL26 6EN After that ours is PL26 6LG
SATNAV is not ideal as you will be directed through Mevagissey. Though pretty, is likely you will get stuck in traffic as the tiny streets are not wide enough to accommodate cars in both directions! Previous guests have had up to 40 minutes added to their journey. Please see directions below to save you time…
- From A30 take St Austell turnoff (near Bodmin).
- Once at double roundabout below St Austell town centre, take the Pentewan Road at MacDonald’s that is signposted to Mevagissey
- Drive through London Apprentice & past Pentewan Campsite and beach on your left.
- At the brow of the hill, turn right at top of hill towards The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- Keep going until Gorran.
- Turn left just after the Church (which is opposite the post office shop and Barley Sheaf Pub)
- Follow the bumpy track to the left behind church (signposted footpath Galowras Mill) until you see a standing stone at the Oval field
- Turn right down the track (the field will be on your left) and Cotna Barton is at the end of the track.
- PLEASE TRY TO ARRIVE BEFORE DARK AS WE ARE NOT EASY TO FIND!
We are accessible by public transport.
Travel Cornwall has a bus between St Austell and St Gorran, no 471. There are 3 buses a day: From St Austell at 9.47, 12.00 & 16.00 From Gorran at 10.00, 14.00 and 17.00. Ask driver to let you off at Gorran Churchtown (not Gorran Haven) , opposite P.O & Barley Sheaf Pub.
First bus service has more frequent buses and will bring you from St Austell as far as Mevagissey, where we can pick you up if necessary. You can find the timetable here.
The nearest train station is St Austell.
Mevagissey Cars is a friendly local service who know the area well. Tel: 07513 774529
CC Cars – Electric, which we like!! Tel 01726 635 38
There are usually lots of taxis in taxi-rank so you can just pick one up, though it will be more expensive. They will need directions (see directions for car).