We are a beautiful eco retreat with three yurts, a shepherd’s hut and a strawbale barn on an organic smallholding on the Roseland Peninsula, South Cornwall. In this hidden green valley within walking distance of the sea, you can reconnect with nature and wildlife, knowing that your holiday is low-impact and sustainable.
- Stay in one of our lovely yurts, cosy shepherd’s hut or rustic strawbale barn
- Walk off-road through our woodland to some of Cornwall’s most beautiful and peaceful beaches – see our walk guide
- Enjoy our organic vegetarian food hampers (vegan options) or visit excellent local cafes & restaurants nearby
- Learn about wid-food foraging, no-dig gardening or sourdough bread-making
- Take time out for a personal retreat or meditation break
Relax in the comfort of a yurt, shepherd’s hut or strawbale barn
Our three yurts are perfect for those who want self-catering accommodation that allows them to retreat from busy modern life while keeping a sense of space and luxury. The straw-bale barn has a rustic mediterranean feel and our shepherd’s hut offers the romantic dream of a simple life in a step up from camping. By glamping at Cotna you will also become a member of The Greener Camping Club, which has sites all around the UK and plants a tree with each membership fee.
Enjoy the peaceful South Cornwall coast
Cotna Eco Retreat is close to the pretty Cornish village of Gorran Haven and the authentic fishing port of Mevagissey. Away from the crowds we’re ideally situated for exploring South Cornwall’s beautiful landscape with its quiet sandy beaches (ideal for wild swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding) and getting out on the South West Coast Path. The Lost Gardens of Heligan are just down the road. The Eden Project is nearby and Fowey is a boat trip along the coast. For cycling enthusiasts we are on National Cycle Route 3 and Wadebridge’s Camel Trail is under an hour away.
Check-in days are Friday or Monday for stays of 3, 4 or 7 nights