Things to bring for your holiday retreat
Bedding: Duvet bed linen & 4 pillowcases for double bed & singles as needed (NB king-size bed in Pengelly strawbale barn.) We can provide bed linen for a supplement of £10 double / £5 single (with duvet.) Towels.
Kitchen: We provide cooking equipment and washing up liquid & cloths / sponges (washed recyclable ones)
Shower & toilet: towels, loo roll (first provided), shower gel etc (eco-friendly please)
Outdoor: Torch / headtorch; wellies / walking boots; insect repellent / sticky fly papers from July – Sept
Indoor: slippers / shoes for inside yurt
Other: Extra nightlight candles. Earplugs if you think owls, lambs or dawn chorus may disturb you!
Hampers (12 hours notice) All vegetarian with vegan options. Breakfast or evening meals (late arrival, Italian, South Indian)
‘Cotna Shop’: sells wholefood supplies; home-grown fruit & veg also available on request
Gorran Stores: helpful for newspapers and basic supplies
The Barley Sheaf pub: good local beer and excellent food – recently been included in Michelin Guide – 01726 843330
The Shack at Portmellon: a lovely walk down the valley from Cotna Yurts. Kirsty sells produce as well as great coffee and food takeaways
Firewood: this year we are selling kiln-dried hardwood logs (£8 a bag) but we can offer kindling for free. Let us know if you want a bag for when you arrive.
Courses: outdoor sessions at Cotna Eco Retreat include Walk on the Wild Side & No-dig Organic Gardening. Sourdough Breadmaking is back after a break! See courses and experiences for complete list
Treatments: massages available in your yurt or other accommodation
Low-impact living is at the core of our ethos at Cotna, and the very reason our Eco Retreat exists. As you will see from your visit, we are creating an oasis of natural beauty and tranquillity where diverse species exist alongside us humans. We are committed to avoiding pollution through recycling and reusing everything we can, limiting use of harmful chemicals and managing our waste responsibly. Please help us to reduce re-use and recycle:
– Limit the amount of single-use plastic you bring onsite and take it away with you eg water bottles plastic bags and packaging.
– We have pure spring water on tap so no need to bring bottled water!
– Use eco products for washing – we supply BioD washing up liquid and Faith in Nature shampoo & bodywash
– Use our recycling system carefully with clearly labelled boxes in the recycling area
– Try to buy locally – from Cotna Eco Retreat, our Post Office shop, The Shack at Portmellon, Moore’s excellent little food emporium in Mevagissey or Lobbs Farm Shop Deli. There are no supermarkets close by and we do not take deliveries.