Directions for arrival by Car
Set Google Sat Nav directions to Lost Gardens of Heligan PL26 6EN After that we are near PL26 6LG
Google may take you through Mevagissey. Though pretty, you may get stuck in traffic as the tiny streets are not wide enough to accommodate cars in both directions.
- From A30 take St Austell turnoff (near Bodmin).
- Once at double roundabout below St Austell town centre, take the Pentewan Road at MacDonald’s that is signposted to Mevagissey
- Drive through London Apprentice & past Pentewan Campsite & beach on your left.
- At the brow of the hill, turn right at top of hill towards The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- Keep going until Gorran.
- Turn left just after the Church (opposite the post office shop and Barley Sheaf Pub)
- Turn left again down behind church (signposted footpath Galowras Mill) and follow the bumpy track downhill 500m until you see a standing stone at the Oval field and our signs for Cotna Barton / Cotna Eco Retreat
- Turn right downhill on the track (not straight ahead to Cotna House / Sentries.) The field will be on your left and Cotna Barton is 100m down the track.
- PLEASE TRY TO ARRIVE BEFORE DARK AS WE ARE NOT EASY TO FIND!
We are accessible by public transport.
Travel Cornwall has a bus between St Austell and St Gorran, no 471. There are 3 buses a day: From St Austell at 9.47, 12.00 & 16.00 From Gorran at 10.00, 14.00 and 17.00. Ask driver to let you off at Gorran Churchtown (not Gorran Haven) , opposite P.O & Barley Sheaf Pub.
First bus service has more frequent buses and will bring you from St Austell as far as Mevagissey, where we can pick you up if necessary. You can find the timetable here.
The nearest train station is St Austell.
CC Cars – Electric, which we like!! Tel 01726 635 38
There are usually lots of taxis in taxi-rank so you can just pick one up, though it will be more expensive. They will need directions (see directions for car).